This is it!
Here we are at race week already!
We are so excited to see you race!
The race is completely full and we have a fun day in store for you.
Here’s a quick TODO list for you this week:
- FRIDAY RACE CHECK IN, PACKET PICK UP AND BODY MARKING, 12:00-8:00 pm at Las Vegas Cyclery (Mandatory for all athletes and parents! There is no race day check in or body marking, so call (Heather 274-0116) to arrange a Thursday pick up if you can’t do it on Friday.)
- Las Vegas Cyclery, address: 8221 West Charleston, Las Vegas, NV 89117, phone: 596-2953
- CHILD ATHLETE MUST BE PRESENT FOR BODY MARKING
- PARENT/GUARDIAN MUST BE PRESENT FOR RACE CHECK IN AND WAIVER
- quick method: print out waiver at home (attached pdf) and bring it already filled out
- slow method: we will have blank waivers there you can fill out
- FRIDAY NIGHT PREPARATIONS
- take your race packet home and follow the instructions
- install race plates, bibs, etc.
- check your bike and helmet, brakes must work, tires must be full, and helmet straps must snap to pass inspection in the morning
- collect money or items for the Ronald McDonaldHouse charity parking fee (see list of suggested items)
- SATURDAY, RACE DAY!
- 6:15-7:00 parking opens (location on map in race packets)
- 6:30 – 7:30 a.m. check out timing chips, go through bike inspection, set up transition
- 7:30 roll call at the pool for the triathletes and at the start line for the runners. Triathletes will be called into the pool area by age group.
- 7:45 athlete line up and rules (triathletes in pool and runners on road)
- 8:00 a.m. race start (both triathlon swimmers and fun run runners), fun run and long course start first, followed by parent assist and short course
- 10:00 a.m. awards ceremony