SAVE RED ROCK CANYON HOSTS THE 11TH ANNUAL:
DIAMOND KID JUNIOR TRIATHLON AND FUN RUN!
Saturday, June 10, 2017
early bird registration open 2 days only! St. Patty's Day, March 17 & 18.
last year's race 2016:
DKX: a decade of Diamond Kid!
Great job this year kids! Another fantastic year of Diamond Kid! Here are your results and photos for FREE screen size downloads by LV Action Images!
Race week schedule:
pre-race the course in Blue Diamond. You may print out course maps from this website. (maps tab on top)
Friday, June 10, 1:00-7:00 pm
Mandatory Packet Pick-up and body marking for parent and child, NO RACE DAY PACKET PICK UP!
at Las Vegas Cyclery. 10575 Discovery Drive, Las Vegas, NV 89135 (corner of 215 and Town Center). Youth athletes must be present for body marking and a parent/guardian must be present to sign the waiver. Also, bring a $2 minimum donation for the BDRA charity fundraiser which will pay for your parking pass.
Saturday, June 11, Race Day
- 6:00-7:00 a.m. parking. display your mandatory parking pass in the window that you get the day before at packet pick up
- 6:30 - 7:30 a.m. check-in, timing chips, body marking, bike check, transition set up
- 7:30 roll call at the pool for the triathletes and at the start line for the runners. Triathletes will be called into the pool area by age group.
- 7:45 athlete line up and rules (triathletes in pool and runners on road)
- 8:00 a.m. race start (both triathlon swimmers and fun run runners), fun run and long course start first, followed by parent assist and short course. If every athlete is present, we will start early.
- 10:00 a.m. awards ceremony
FOLLOW US FOR UPDATES ON
Once again, you kids rocked the town! We were so proud of all the triathletes and fun runners who showed what it takes to complete this challenging course. We are grateful to all of the volunteers, Red Rock Search and Rescue, Blue Diamond Volunteer Fire Department, Las Vegas Cyclery cycling and triathlon teams, and all the residents and volunteers who made it such a fun, safe, and exciting event. Thank you to all the sponsors for helping us make this event a successful fundraiser for the Blue Diamond swimming pool. This historic pool is probably the oldest continually running community pool in Nevada and without your support we couldn't keep it going, and without it we couldn't do Diamond Kid. Diamond Kid makes the pool possible and the pool makes Diamond Kid possible. It's a beautiful thing. This year a very special thank you goes out to Minta Albietz who gave out a big check to all the winners and an athletic youth award for every athlete to wear on their sleeve. Thank you Minta and all Diamond Kids for carrying on Don Albietz' heroic legacy with your youthful vitality, and positive athletic energy!
Youtube Video by Jared Fisher
Professional timing by Sportstats
(fun run and parent assist are not timed)
Professional photos by LVActionImages
Share your photos and clips on Facebook and instagram too by tagging your post with #diamondkidstrong.
Excellent racing everyone. You are all winners!
Diamond Kid Directors and Minta Albietz,
Sheila Billingsley, Suzanne Young, Regan Stokes, Dyana Jones, Marci Morgan, DeEtte Young, Heather Fisher